Taper Journal Entry 6
Your Focus: Write a strong statement or positive affirmation about yourself and/or taper, that you can repeat often.
My Taper is Working.
I win big and I win often.
I believe in my ability to perform my taper goals.
Tackling Self Doubt and Fear.
1. Write a statement; Talking to your self like your best friend would speak to you. Exp: " I love the way you do this.... or You are so good at that...."
2. Notice your positive qualities. Write down 5.
3. Write a compliment about your 2019 Swim & Dive season.
1.Draw a picture of yourself on Taper.
2. Draw a picture of yourself experiencing a peak performance and accomplishing your Taper Goal.
Today is another day. As I go through the day, check my options and make decisions that move me towards my goals.
Action: You will reach your goals through consistent action.
*List all actions/decisions you made today that support your Taper End of Season goals.
Answer the Question. What is Taper?
Write 3 things that went well today and one thing you learned at practice or about Taper.
Do a daily check in rate your self 1,2,3,4,5
*Focused and Present @ Practice 1,2,3,4,5
*Positive Attitude and Self Confidence 1,2,3,4,5
*Being kind and caring to your team 1,2,3,4,5
*Food and Water: Your Taper Fuel 1,2,3,4,5
*Sleep and Taking it Easy 1,2,3,4,5
Daily Dream Journal 10/7-10/11
Write down your goal times or score for JV Champs or Sections. Next to it write a positive affirmation. Post somewhere you see often.
Daily 5 essentials
on a scale of 1-5, 5 being best. AM How will you do today? PM How did you do today? in each category. Circle your answer.
1. Mindset & Confidence 1 2 3 4 5 1 2 3 4 5
2. Fuel; Nutrient Rich Food & Water 1 2 3 4 5 1 2 3 4 5
3. Frequencey Intensity (Bring it). Duration (will gradually shrink). 1 2 3 4 5 1 2 3 4 5
4. REST 8-9.5 hours of sleep. 1 2 3 4 5 1 2 3 4 5
5. The Magic, Inspiration (study role models), Motivation 1 2 3 4 5 1 2 3 4 5
Post it Goal. Write a practice goal before practice. At the end of practice Move it into Gold Sparkle poster if you accomplished it.
Daily Confidence Journal
Welcome to the first day of the school year! Finish each day with confidence this week. In your journal write down 3 great things that went well each day followed by 1 new thing you learned. You got this! It is going to be a great year.
Take a peek at your dream journal from last 2017. Enjoy the journey.