2121 Pledge- some signed during awards pick up, others will sign on first day 2021.
“Swimming is a sport. Everything else is just a game.”
”When the earth floods from global warming, the swimmers will rule the world.”
“Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.”-Norman Vincent Peale
“Persistence can change failure into extraordinary achievement.” -Matt Biondi
“You are only confined by the walls you build around yourself.”
“However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do, and succeed at it. It matters that you don’t just give up.” -Stephen Hawking
2021 Purpose & Goals ( start brainstorming at End of Season Meeting with whole team)
Captains for Season 2021 (must be a Senior graduating 2022)
Grade Level Motto/Memory
Review and Rehearse Banquet format with Team.
End of Season Awards & 2022 Captains Voting.
Reflections:3 Repeats & 1 Change.
1. Be kind/Give Love.
2. To help as many team members as possible have a joyful daily experience, improve our Conf Standing and increase the number of girls on the All-Conf List and to have peak performances at JV Champs, Sections, Sections Finals, and State.
Team Agreement Collaboration. We will work on this together and the results will be posted to the website in the weeks to come. We will focus on..
4. Time & Value
5. Measurements of Success.
Note: Coaches & Leaders listen and are open to positive change.
All Seniors are Leaders and Role Models for our younger athletes. All Seniors (current Juniors) of the Graduating Class of 2023 are candidates for next Seasons Captains 2022. Both your input and Coaches discretion will be used in the selection. Announcement of Captains will take place at the close of the 2021 Banquet.
Qualities of a Captain: Royal Pride Captains
Roles of a Captains: Top 5
1. Attendance & Present. 1st on Deck, Lane Lines, Meet Set Up/Clean Up , Willing to Lead Stretches, Locker Room Clean Up, Bus Clean Up. Leads as a Camp Counselor at Royal Pride Camp in mid August. A Captain is in good standing academically and adhears to the Team Handbook, Woodbury High School Handbook and MSHSL Rules.
2. Cheering & Motivating others at both practices and meets.
3. Communicates well with and supports the Coaches & Team’s Purpose, Goals and Agreement.
4. Focuses on Team Unity, is Approachable and Inclusive.
5. Hardest Worker Daily. Is present and gives it their all during practice, sets, water x, dryland, yoga/pilates, visualization, dream journaling, and MEETS.
Captains Training Program Opportunities at the Start of the Year:
Royal Opportunities January: TBD
Meeting Feb: Determine Team Motto and Intention
Meeting April: Team Gear
Every Kind Act Starts a Ripple
The Wave Begins with Us.
1. Appreciate what you do have.
2. Make it Happen.
3. Listening and Change are Essentials.
4. Be Authentic. Be YOU.
5. Give Love.
6. Improve your productivity.
7. Give energy to your Hopes and Dreams.
8. Make feeling good your priority.
9. Character Counts. Go where the Fun is!
10. Be the Fun. Be the Leader. Achieve the GOAL.